Monday, June 25, 2007

New York! New York!

Start Spreading the news we made it to New York for the first time! We had such a great time with my Sister Malinda and her husband Rod. Our highlights included walking, walking and more walking. Our first day was a bus tour and was able to hear and see much of the history of









New York. Then in the evening we went to a Broadway show The Jersey Boys. Saturday was a boat tour of the Statue of Liberty and the harbor. Sunday we










attended church and Ground Zero









and a Horse and Carriage Ride in Central Park as well as visiting Grand Central Station and Battery Park. Monday was Janet's Highlight of the whole trip as she was able to meet her Fox News Celebrities. For those of you who don't know who they are here are some of the names. John Gibson, Steve Duche, Gretchen Carlson, Brian Kilmeade, Neil Cavuto, and even got to be on TV while they did a cooking show. Now you can all say you know someone who has been on TV. Yeah!! Then we had to go and get one of the best Hot Fudge Sundaes at Sarendipity. Then there was shopping, shopping, and more shopping. Then in the morning we were able to go and see Regis and Kelly. The show will air July 3rd so look for us. To say the least this was a great trip and we enjoyed every minute of it.

6 comments:

Daniels' Daze said...

Looks like you had fun! I liked NY but it was to crowded for this country boy! Craig

Zachary and Shanna said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Shanna's been to New York and I have always wanted to go... She says the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity is really good, hopefully you were able to go... You should add our family blog...
greenmachinelover.blogspot.com its being started so we will be posting more stuff from our vacations and more...

Kyle/Michelle said...

I am totally jealous! I went to NY on the church history trip, but it was only one day. I'd love to spend more time there! I'll watch for you on TV. Jealous, again, of the trip!

Daniels' Daze said...

A new blog! Congratulations! It looks like you had a great time in NY. I have only been there for 2 days and was a scared teenager, so it would be fun to see it all again. Way to go on seein your "people". Let us know when you will be on TV if it hasn't happened yet!!!

Katie said...

We were just there.... for a lay over in JFK, so we didn't get to see anything!! Wish we could have, especially after seeing how much fun you guys had!

J,B and K said...

Very cool pictures! I am glad you got to go and have so much fun. You both look great! Love you guys!